Revision as of 18:39, 14 April 2014 by Administrator1
Various types of materials such as films, fluids, oils and solids
- Biological & biomedical materials - materials evolving from biological structures
- Composite materials - often called simply composites, materials composed of two or more constituent materials with significantly different characteristics which maintain their distinctiveness when combined
- Crystalline materials - solid materials whose constituent atoms are arranged in an orderly and repeating pattern in three dimensions
- Films - thin chemical coverings applied to a material's surface
- Fluids - substances that continually deform under applied pressure, composing both liquids and gases
- Metamaterials - artificial materials engineered to have properties that may not be found in nature, often used in producing optic materials
- Oils - a substance that is liquid at normal temperatures but does not mix with water
- Photoconducting materials - materials that become more electrically conductive due to the absorption of electromagnetic radiation
- Polymers - a large molecule composed of repeating structural units
- Resins - the hydrocarbon secretion of some plants, usually conifers, which can produce varnishes, adhesives and other products
This category has the following 45 subcategories, out of 45 total.
Pages in category "Materials"
The following 205 pages are in this category, out of 205 total.