IEEE Saint Louis Section History
The Saint Louis Section has been in existence for over 100 years as part of IEEE. The section encompasses a large territory stretching from Hannibal, MO, to Carbondale, IL, to the Missouri boot heel, to Rolla, to Columbia-and a small stretch along I-70 to the Indiana border. As of 2008, they had over 2600 IEEE members in the Section.
- 2011 Bob Becnel
- 2010 Keith Corzine
- 2009 Tyria Riley
- 2008 H.S. Mallikarjuna
- 2007 Jim Bornholdt
- 2006 Ken Owens
- 2005 Robert Menzel
- 2004 Bob Leavene
- 2003 Steve Watkins
- 2002 Gregory Murden
- 2001 Roobik Gharabagi
- 2000 George Zobrist
- 1999 Shirley Cheng
- 1998 Dave Massey
- 1997 Hardy Pottinger
- 1996 Bill Schallert
- 1995 Craig Hartmann
- 1994 Joseph O'Sullivan
- 1993 Gary R Fuerst
- 1992 Jim Hahn
- 1991 Dave Muren?
- 1990 Rick Butler?
- 1988-1989 Bob Schnell
- 1986-1987 Arthur E Goldberger Jr
- 1985-1986 Don Cramer
- 1984-1985 Gary Shannon
- 1983-1984 Cliff Skouby
- 1981-1982 Ed Bertnolli
- 1980-1981 Jim Leonard
- 1962 G F Barnard, Chm; E A Kuhlman, Sec
- 1961 R D Hill Jr, Chm; G F Barnard, Sec
- 1960 R D Hill, Jr, Chm; G F Barnard, Sec
- 1959 R L Frazier, Chm; R D Hill Jr, Sec
- 1958 C E Mosley
- 1957 F W Swantz
- 1956 F A Fillmore
- 1955 R W Benson
- 1954 E F O'Hare
- 1953 H J Hicks
- 1952 H G Wise
- 1951 C E Harrison
- 1950 L A Mollman
- 1949 G M Cummings
- 1948 Robert L Coe (P) Radio Station KSD, Chm; N J Zehr, Sec
- 1947 S H Van Wambeck (P)
- 1946 B B Miller
- 1945 N B Fowler Chairman, Carl F Meyer Vice Ch - Radio Station KFUO
- 1944 Nicholas J Zehr (P) Radio Station KWK
- 1943 P S McDaniel
- 1942 P S McDaniel, Chm; H D Seielstad, Sec
- 1941 St. Louis Section of IRE established. This may have occured in 1942 as no St Louis Section was mentioned in the Proc IRE Dec 1941. Mr H D Seielstad was listed as 'Temporary Secretary' in the Proc IRE June 1942. R L Glasgow, Washington University, was listed as 'temporary chairman' in the Proc IRE Jan 1942. This is the first issue which mentions the St. Louis Section.
- 1928-1963 unknown. In 1928 the AIEE switched to a quarterly Transactions and the Section and Branch officers were no longer published.
- 1927 L F Woolston, Chm; L P Van Houten, Sec
- 1926 Fred D Lyon, Chm; Ralf T Toensfeldt, Sec. MSM Student Branch formed.
- 1925 B D Hull, Chm; Cris H Kraft, Sec
- 1924 " "
- 1923 J M Chandler, Chm; Lee S Washington, Sec
- 1922 C C Robinson, Chm;
- 1921 G. A. Waters, Chm; Stanley Stokes, Sec
- 1920 G. A. Waters, Chm; Stanley Stokes, Sec
- 1919 J. L. Hamilton, Chm; H. G. Hake, Sec
- 1918 H. W. Eales, Chm; Benjamin F Thomas, Sec
- 1917 Allen McRae Harrelson, Chief Engineer, Emerson Electric Manufacturing Co.
- 1916 Walter O Pennell, Acting Chief Engineer-S.W.Bell Telephone System, Chm; George McD Johns, Sec
- 1915 S. N. Clarkson, Chm; Walter O Pennell, Sec
- 1914 Francis James Bullivant, Chief Engineer Valley Electric Company, Chm; Allen McRae Harrelson, Sec
- 1913 Allen McRae Harrelson, born 4 Jun 1884, died 6 Dec 1959.
- 1912 Francis James Bullivant
- 1911 R. S. Pattison, Emerson Electric Manufacturing Co.
- 1910 George Lamke, Washington University
- 1909 H. L. Finch
- 1908 H. L. Finch
- 1907 A. S. Langsdorf
- 1906 A. S. Langsdorf
- 1905 Gerard Swope
- 1904 Gerard Swope
- 1903 Section Established as Branch of AIEE by Winder Elwel Goldsborough, Chief of the Department of Electricity at the Louisiana Exposition, usually referred to as the 1904 World's Fair.
- ↑ Names are obtained from a combination of newsletter publications and collective memory.
- ↑ Names obtained from publications of the IRE. In most cases these are just the first initial(s) and last name. First names are obtained from additional research.
- ↑ Names obtained from publications of the AIEE
P. picture available
All corrections, additions, and comments are welcomed and encouraged! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org