IEEE Electron Devices Society History
Revision as of 17:07, 20 November 2008 by Nmolnar
- 1951 The entity name, as a member of the Institute of Radio Engineers (IRE), was the 'Electron Tubes and Solid-State Devices Committee'.
- 3/5/52 The Committee name was changed to the 'IRE Professional Group on Electron Devices'.
- 1963 The first year of IEEE operations, resulting from the merger of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers (AIEE) and the IRE. The name was changed to the 'IEEE Professional Technical Group on Electron Devices'.
- 7/1/63 The IEEE Professional Technical Group on Electron Devices merged with the `Solid State Devices Committee'.
- 5/20/64 The 'Professional Group on Electron Devices' merged with the 'New Energy Sources Committee' to become the 'IEEE Electron Devices Group'.
- 6/23/65 Committee 28 merged into the Electron Devices Group.
- 2/17/76 The 'IEEE Electron Devices Group' became the 'IEEE Electron Devices Society'.
Are you a member of this society? Please help expand the article by using the edit tab.