Revision as of 17:31, 23 April 2012 by Administrator1
- Automation - The use of information technologies and control systems to reduce the need for human labor in the production of goods and services, including robots and artificial intelligence.
- Bioengineering - The link between engineering and life sciences, bioengineering concerns problems in living organisms which can be solved by engineering methods.
- Business, management & industry - Business, management and industry covers the non-technical workplace elements of electrical engineering field. While these are not areas limited to electrical engineering, the field has been intrinsically linked to business and management strategies since its beginnings.
- Communications - Communications refers to the use of signals to transfer voice, data, image, and/or video information between locations, the main applications of which are in communications science, engineering, and technology.
- Components, circuits, devices & systems - Components, circuits, devices & systems is a broad category that attempts to bring together the inner workings of electronics; articles dealing with the "nuts and bolts" of the technology fall under this banner.
- Computers and information processing - Computers encompass devices which are capable of performing some kind of mechanical calculation. These range from modern personal computers, to calculating machines like a slide rule.
- Culture and society - Topics included in this category deal with the impact technology has on society at large.
- Engineered materials & dielectrics - Material science, conductivity, and various related engineered materials and concepts such as superconductivity.
- Engineering profession - Categories which encompass non-technical matters related to engineering profession at large.
- Environment, geoscience & remote sensing - Remote sensing, and topics related to the environment, its exploration and behavior at large, including geoscience and oceanic engineering.
- Fields, waves & electromagnetics - The relationship between magnetic and electrical fields provides the foundational theory of electrical engineering.
- General topics for engineers - Various technical topics that relate to the engineering profession span across all branches of engineering and do not apply to just electrical engineers. Included in this category are those topics, which include mathematics, scientific disciplines like physics or chemistry and design methodology.
- IEEE - IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. Categories related to various aspects of the organization as a whole can be found here.
- Lasers, lighting & electrooptics - Pages in this category deal with all aspects of lighting and optics, which includes the laser and fiber optics.
- Nuclear and plasma sciences - Nuclear and plasma sciences deal with the study of atomic particles, including the state of plasma where a certain number of particles are ionized, and have many practical applications in energy, weaponry, scanning and theoretical physics research.
- People and organizations - Throughout the course of electrical engineering history, inventors, engineers, corporations and laboratories have driven the technologies that we enjoy today. Topics in this category deal with the people and organizations behind technological innovation.
- Power, energy & industry application - Power engineering was one of the most profound developments of 19th century electrical engineering, and still remains an extremely important topic to this day. This category deals with the generation, distribution, manufacture and industry application of electrical power.