Category:Software & software engineering
Revision as of 00:36, 2 February 2012 by Beichner
Topics dealing with various elements of software and its design
- Capability maturity model - or CMM, a set of procedures created by Carnegie Mellon used to insure continual improvement throughout the stages of product development
- Computer aided software engineering - or CASE, a set of tools and methods used to ensure high-quality software products
- Formal verification - the proving or disproving of the correctness of the algorthims underlying a property using the formal methods of mathematics
- Optical character recognition software - or OCR software, software that attempts to translate scanned written or typed images into readable, machine-encoded text
- Programming environments - the conditions and layout which allow the programming of computer code
- Reasoning about programs
- Runtime - the time during which a computer program is executing
- Software agents - a piece of software that acts for a user or another program as an agent without the direct intervention of the user
- Software architecture - the set of structures needed to reason about a software system, including elements of the software and relations between them
- Software debugging - the process of identifying and reducing the number of bugs or flaws in a software program
- Software maintenance - the modification of a software product after delivery to correct bugs or faults and to optimize performance
- Software packages - used in object-oriented programming to name a group of related classes in a particular program
- Software performance - the reliability, speed, and efficiency of a software program
- Software quality - a term embodying two distinct aspects of software, its functional quality (or fitness for its purpose) and its structural quality (or its internal cohesion and operability)
- Software reusability - the likelihood that a segment of source code can be used again to add new functions with minimal modification
- Software safety - the safety of a software program against either unauthorized use or computer viruses
- Software systems - often synonymous with "software" itself, the part of a computer system that is not hardware
- Software tools - also known as programming tools, a program or application that allows software developers to create or maintain programs
- System software - software designed to run a computer's hardware and to provide a platform for operating other applications and programs
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
Pages in category "Software & software engineering"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
Media in category "Software & software engineering"
This category contains only the following file.
- Software and Softwar...