Category:Scientific tools and discoveries
Various technical topics that relate to the engineering profession span across all branches of engineering and do not apply to just electrical engineers. Included in this category are those topics, which include mathematics, scientific disciplines like physics or chemistry and design methodology.
IEEE STARS articles are peer-reviewed articles on the history of major developments in electrical and computer science and technology. Available in the scientific tools and discovery category are:
- Design methodology - Topics that pertain to design and creation, including critical thinking methods, sustainability and articulation.
- Instrumentation - Topics relating to devices used for measurement, such as oscilloscopes and probes
- Mathematics - Mathematics such as calculus, algebra, and numerical analysis are all essential components of engineering
- Measurement - Related to instrumentation, measurements of various quantities has many real world applications
- Reliability - The ability of a system or component to perform its required functions under stated conditions for a specified period of time
- Scientific disciplines - Various non-engineering scientific disciplines such as physics, chemistry, biology and astronomy
- Systems engineering and theory - An interdisciplinary method to engineering which has practical uses in complex projects which span multiple fields
- Thermodynamics - a physical science that studies that effects on material bodies of transfer of heat and work
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Scientific tools and discoveries"
The following 145 pages are in this category, out of 145 total.