Revision as of 00:19, 16 January 2012 by Jglock
Different areas of studies pertaining to optics such as geometrical optics, electron optics, fiber optics
- Adaptive optics - or AO, a technology used to improve the performance of optical systems by reducing the effect of wavefront distortions
- Electron optics - the focusing and deflection of electrons using magnetic and/or electrostatic fields
- Fiber optics - transmitting light through optical fibers
- Geometrical optics - or ray optics, light propagation defined in terms of directed "rays"
- Integrated optics - integrated circuits that use optical wavelengths in information transmission
- Microoptics - optics that operate with lens of less than a millimeter, which causes certain refractive effects
- Particle beam optics - optics that emerge from a process where a stream of chared or neutral particles is moved at near the speed of light
- Physical optics - or wave optics, the branch of optics that studies interference, diffraction, polarization and other phenomena for which the ray approximation of geometric optics is not valid
- Ultrafast optics - optics using ultrashort pulses of light on the order of a femtosecond
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Optical fields"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.