Revision as of 18:03, 14 April 2014 by Administrator1
The processing of information via the use of applied mathematics and electrical engineering
- Audio coding - the translation of auditory information into digital code
- Channel coding - code used to protect information over a channel by correcting errors resulting from noise or other interference
- Codes - rules for converting one piece of information into another
- Communication channels - a physical or logical connection between two points that allows for the exchange of an information signal
- Decoding - translating from an coded message into the original language or form
- Encoding - the process by which information from a source is changed into symbols to be communicated
- Error compensation - the encoding or transmission of extra information or code to compensate for possible errors
- Information entropy - the level of uncertainty associated with a random variable (often refers to the "Shannon entropy")
- Mutual information - occasionally called transinformation, the quantity that measures the mutual dependence of two random variables
- Rate-distortion - the number of bits per data sample to be stored or transmitted and the amount of distortion in that sample
- Speech coding - the use of the data compression of digital audio signals to encode speech
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Information theory"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.