Revision as of 20:55, 31 August 2011 by Jglock
Topics dealing with anatomy, the structure of living things
- Auditory system - the system in animals that detects and interprets auditory signals
- Biological tissues - cellular organization intermediate between cells and a complete organism
- Body regions - the study of the human body by broad regions, such as head or chest, as opposed to body systems
- Cardiovascular system - the system that distributes blood throughout the human body
- Circulatory system - the system that takes nutrients and other objects to and from cells to maintain homeostasis, includes both the cardiovascular system and the lymphatic system
- Digestive system - the system that processes food and extracts nutrients
- Embryonic structures - the anatomical parts of an organism in the early phases of its development
- Endocrine system - the system of glands which excretes hormones directly into the bloodstream to regulate the body
- Fluids and secretions - liquid substances produced by living organisms to fulfill functions or excrete waste
- Human anatomy - the study of the form of the human body
- Immune system - the system which protects the body against diseases by identifying and destroying pathogens
- Integumentary system - the organ system that protects the body from damage, namely the skin and its appendages
- Musculoskeletal system - the organ system that provides stability, support, form and movement to the body
- Nervous system - the organ system containing a network of cells that sends communication throughout the body
- Respiratory system - the system which introduces respiratory gases to the organism and performs gas exchange
- Sense organs - organs that are part of the nervous system and that contain sensory receptors, such as those for vision and hearing
- Stomatognathic system - the system consisting of the mouth, jaw and associated structures
- Urogenital system - also known as the genitourinary system, the organ system of the urinary system and the reproductive organs
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Anatomy"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.