Radio detection and ranging, an object detection system using radio waves
See the Radar article for a general history of radar
- Doppler radar - a radar that makes use of the Doppler effect to measure velocity at a distance
- Ground penetrating radar - or GPR, a geophysical method that uses radar pulses to image the subsurface of the Earth
- Laser radar - also called "LADAR," for Light Detection And Ranging, a system that uses light or lasers to measure the distance to an object
- Meteorological radar - radar used to detect climatological phenomena
- Millimeter wave radar - or Extremely High Frequency radar, for radar that uses electromagnetic waves in the highest radio frequency band (from 30 to 300 GHz
- Passive radar - radars that detect objects by processing reflections from non-cooperating sources of illumination available in the wider environment
- Radar applications - potential uses of radar
- Radar clutter - unwanted echoes and returns in a radar system
- Radar cross section - or RCS, a measure of how detectable an object is by radar
- Radar equipment - equipment to emit, receive, or measure radar waves
- Radar theory - the theory of the operation of radar waves in the environment
- Spaceborne radar - radar where the transceiver is located in space
- Spread spectrum radar - where a radar signal generated in particular frequency band is spread to cover a wide bandwidth
- Synthetic aperture radar
- Ultra wideband radar - or OWB radar, technology that can be used at very low energy levels for short-range communication, high-bandwidth communication by using a large proportion of the radio spectrum
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Radar"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 200 total.