Mathematics such as calculus, algebra, and numerical analysis are all essential components of engineering
- Accuracy - the closeness of a value to the true value
- Algebra - the branch of mathematics concerning the study of the rules of operations and relations
- Algorithms - the expression of a method as a list of well-defined instructions for calculating a function
- Arithmetic - the study of quantities, especially as regards combining quantities
- Calculus - the branch of mathematics dealing with the calculation of "infinitesimals" and discrete quantities
- Equations - a mathematical statement asserting the equality of two expressions
- Geometry - the mathematics of space and shape
- Numerical analysis - the study of algorithms that use numerical approximations, as distinguished from discrete mathematics
- Optimization & minimization - the mathematical pursuit of the simplest and clearest solution
- Probability - the likelihood of an event
- Sequences - the particular order in which related events occur
- Set theory - the branch of mathematics that studies sets, or collections of objects
- Statistics - the study of the collection, organization and interpretation of data
- Taylor series - a representation of a functions as an infinite sum of terms that are calculated form the values of the function's derivatives at a single point
- Topology - the branch of mathematics that deals with properties that are conserved under continuous deformations of objects
- Transforms - a process which transforms one function into another
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
Pages in category "Mathematics"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
Media in category "Mathematics"
This category contains only the following file.
- Ada Lovelace.jpg