Category:Materials science and technology
Revision as of 20:23, 2 February 2012 by Beichner
Various topics dealing with the science of materials including chemical analysis, separation processes and filtration
- Absorption - the incorporation of substances of one state into a material of another state (such as liquids being absorbed by solids)
- Aging - the change in the molecular structure of a chemical due to aging
- Chemical analysis - the study of the separation, identification, and quantification of chemical components of natural and artificial materials
- Contamination - the presence of an unwanted material in another or in a space
- Degradation - the decomposition of chemical compounds into simpler compounds
- Filtration - the mechanical operation of the separation of solids from fluids
- Hysteresis - the dependence of a system on not only its current environment, but the states of its past environment
- Impurities - substances in a confined amount of material which differ from the chemical composition of that material
- Materials handling - the process of ensuring that materials are not tainted or disrupted during movement
- Materials preparation - the preparing of materials used in an appropriate state for future use
- Materials testing - the evaluation of the nature and composition of chemicals
- Microstructure - defined as the structure of a prepared surface revealed by a microscope at above 25x magnification
- Periodic structures - a structure or system that can be superimposed on itself by a parallel displacement over a distance
- Pigmentation - materials that change the wavelength of reflected light through selective absorption
- Separation processes - any mass transfer process used to convert a mixture of substances into two or more distinct product mixtures
- Surfaces - the outside or covering of a material
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Materials science and technology"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.