Revision as of 23:39, 13 January 2012 by Jglock
Topics pertaining to magnetics as a whole
- Biomagnetics - magnetism produced by living organisms
- Demagnetization - the process of eliminating the magnetic charge from materials or objects
- Gyromagnetism - the magnetic properties of a spinning, electrically charged particle
- Magnetic analysis - testing or analyzing the magnetic properties of materials or objects
- Magnetic anisotropy - the direction dependence of a material's magnetic properties
- Magnetic effects - physical effects from a magnetic field
- Magnetic flux - measured by the SI unit weber (Wb), the component of the B (magnetic) field passing through the surface of an object
- Magnetic forces - the strength of magnetism between objects
- Magnetic hysteresis - the tendency of ferromagnet to be magnetized and to realign in the presence of a magnetic field
- Magnetic losses - the loss in energy that occurs in the realignment of magnetic vectors
- Magnetic multilayers - repeating stacks of magnetic material alternating with a non-magnetic material
- Magnetic particles - the magnetic properties of individual particles
- Magnetic sensors - sensors that can detect and measure magnetic fields and strengths
- Magnetic susceptibility - indicates the degree of magnetization of a material in response to an applied magnetic field
- Magnetic switching - or reversal, the process that leads to a 180 degree reorientation of the magnetic vector
- Magnetization processes - processes that result in magnetization
- Nonlinear magnetics - magnets characterized by permittivity and permeability with nonlinear transmission
- Remanence - the magnetization that remains in a ferromagnetic material after an external magnetic field is removed
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
Pages in category "Magnetics"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.