An acronym for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation, lasers are a focused beam which has many applications in today's world. See the main Laser article for a history of this technology
- Atom lasers - a coherent state of propagating atoms
- Chemical lasers - a laser that obtains its energy from a chemical reaction
- Free electron lasers - or FEL, a laser that shares the same optical properties as a conventional laser, but which use a relativistic electron beam as a lasing medium
- Gas lasers - a laser in which the electric current is discharged through a gas to produce coherent light
- Laser applications - the uses and benefits of lasers
- Laser excitation - using lasers to excite isotopes to induce separation or for other purposes
- Laser modes - the different states of oscillating laser waves, such as continuous-wave or quasi-contiunous wave
- Laser stability - the minimization of undesired vibrations in a laser
- Laser transitions - or amplifier transition, a transition between two electronic levels of some laser-active ion
- Power lasers - lasers with high output powers
- Pump lasers - lasers that use energy transfer from an external source into the gain medium of the laser
- Quantum well lasers - a laser diode in which the active region of the device is narrow enough to cause quantum confinement
- Ring lasers - a laser in which the laser cavity has the shape of a ring
- Semiconductor lasers - lasers based on a semiconductor gain media, where optical gain is achieved by stimulated emission at an interband transition
- Solid-state lasers - a laser that uses a gain medium that is solid rather than liquid or gas
- Surface emitting lasers - a laser in which light propagates in the direction perpendicular to the surface, a type of semiconductor laser
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
Pages in category "Lasers"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
Media in category "Lasers"
This category contains only the following file.
- Laser 1966 French Sa...