Revision as of 18:25, 23 November 2011 by Jglock
Insulators are materials which resist the flow of electrical current
- Cable insulation - the insulation material the surrounds cable or wire strands. Once largely rubber and now largely polyethylene
- Ceramics - organic, non-metallic solids prepared by heat and resistant to electricity. Ceramic fiber used for insulation is a kind of aluminum silicate fiber
- Gas insulation - or a dielectric gas, a dielectric material in a gaseous state. The most common dielectric gas is air.
- Insulators - any substance that resists the flow of electric current
- Isolation technology - technology that aims to isolate two or more electrical circuits
- Oil insulation - also known as transformer oil, a highly refined mineral oil that is stable at high temperatures
- Plastic insulation - insulation using plastic materials
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Insulation"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.