Revision as of 19:23, 31 October 2011 by Jglock
Topics relating to processing of computer images
- Active shape model - or ASMs, statistical models of the shape of an image, which iteratively deforms to fit the example of the object in a new image
- Feature extraction - the extraction of a reduced set of features from a redundant input data stream
- Image analysis - the extraction of meaningful information from digital images
- Image coding - the transformation of an image into computer code
- Image color analysis - the analysis of the color content of images
- Image enhancement - the improvement of the picture quality of a digital image
- Image fusion - the combining of relevant information from two or more images into one image
- Image generation - the creation of digital images from source code or other information
- Image recognition - the ability of computers to recognize relevant information in images
- Image reconstruction - the process of recreating the original content of an image from a damaged or degraded copy
- Image registration - the process of transforming different sets of data into one coordinate system, such as information from multiple images
- Image representation - the display of a computerized image to a user
- Image resolution - the level of detail embodied in an image
- Image sampling - the use of discrete points or parts of an image to represent the whole, either for the purposes of storage or modification
- Image segmentation - the process of partitioning an image into multiple segments or sets of pixels
- Image sequences - the use of sequentially numbered images stored in separate files to store and exchange movies and moving images
- Image texture - a set of metrics calculated in image processing designed to quantify the perceived texture of an image
- Machine vision - or MV, is the process of applying a range of technologies and methods to provide image-based automatic control and inspection for industrial applications
- Optical feedback - similar to acoustic feedback in that it occurs when a loop exists between an optical input and an optical output
- Spatial coherence - the extent of cross-correlation between two points in a wave or a pattern
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Image processing"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
Media in category "Image processing"
This category contains only the following file.
- Image Processing vax...