All aspects of distributed computing including client-server systems, peer to peer computing and file servers are included in this category
- Client-server systems - a distributed application that partitions tasks between the providers of a service, or servers, and requesters, or clients
- Collaborative work - technologies that facilitate collaboration and connection between work teams, such as wikis
- Database machines - or back end processor, either a computer or special hardware that stores and retrieves data from a database
- Diffserv networks - or differentiated service networks, a computer networking architecture that specifies a scalable mechanism for classifying and managing network traffic on modern IP networks
- Distributed databases - a database in which storage devices are not all attached to a common CPU
- Distributed information systems - computers or systems that distribute information and computing across multiple platforms
- File servers - a computer attached to a network whose purpose is providing shared disk access
- Internet - a global system of interconnected computer networks that use Standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP)
- Metacomputing - all computing used for the research and development and application of different kinds of computing
- Peer to peer computing - or P2P, a distributed application architecture that partitions tasks or workloads among peers
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Distributed computing"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.