The process of applying computer science and statistics to biology
- Genome annotation - the process of identifying the location of genes and all the coding regions of the genome and their relationships to each other, part of Gene Ontology
- Protein ontology - a means of formalizing protein knowledge by tracing the relationships of proteins in a hierarchy using universal language
- Protein structural alignment - the attempt to discover the homology between two or more protein structures using their shape
- Protein structure prediction - the prediction of the three dimensional structure of a protein from its amino acid sequence
- Protein-protein docking - the quaternary structures formed by the interaction of two or more protein macromolecules
- Sequence analysis - the process of subjecting DNA or RNA to analytical methods to understand its function, structure, or evolution
- Systems biology - the term for a new trend in biosciences research that analyzes organisms from a holistic instead of a reductionist perspective, and investigates complex systems interactions
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Bioinformatics"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Bioinformatics"
This category contains only the following file.
- Biomedical Computing...