Archives:History Center Press Book Author Submission Guidelines
IEEE HISTORY CENTER PRESS
AUTHOR CHECKLIST AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The IEEE History Press is interested in working with authors to publish books on the history of electrical and computing-related technologies. The IHC Press works with Amazon.com to publish handsome print-on-demand trade paperback and Kindle® versions. The IHC Press works with a professional indexer with experience in indexing scientific and technological books to prepare an index for your work. (Please note that the IEEE History Press does not publish books on current topics in Electrical Engineering). If you would like your work to be considered for publication by the IEEE History Center, please send the complete manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The History Center Press suggests following the Chicago Manual of Style, however, it is not firmly committed to a particular style. Clarity is the objective. There are a few stylistic preferences:
Dates in international format (e.g. 22 July 2013).
Spell out numbers less than 1000.
Use "more than" or "less than" for numbers, rather than "over" or "under" ("More than one hundred days...")
Use SI units, or English units accompanied by their SI equivalents.
FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS AND CHECKLIST:
1) Book manuscript (as a single Word file)
Format: Times Roman, 12-pt, left-justified, no spacing. Five-space indents. Page breaks between chapters, Chapter headings in Times Roman 22-pt bold.
Format for indicating images: <insert image FOTO1.JPG>
Caption in Italics underneath
2) Introduction and/or Forward
5) Image files: jpg or tiff, resolution 300 dpi or higher
6) Copies of Reuse Permissions from the copyright owners of any material you are reusing (such as images, quotations from other publications, etc.)
7) Photo credit page
8) Author photograph for back cover: 1.5 inches by 1.5 jpg or tiff, resolution 300 dpi or greater
9) Front Cover image: jpg or tiff, resolution 300 dpi or greater