Types of different control systems, such as moisture, pressure, temperature and traffic control.
- Automatic control - the use of controllers to self-regulate a system with minimal human intervention
- Bidirectional control - a control that allows a system operate in forward or reverse motion
- Biological control systems - the idea that biological processes exemplify certain characteristics of control systems
- CAMAC - Computer Automated Measurement and Control, an international standard for modular data handling systems used in nuclear power plants and other industrial applications
- Centralized control - where the controller elements of a system are located in one dominant position, as opposed to distributed control
- Cepstral analysis - operations involving a cepstra, which is a mathematical process taking the Fourier transform of the log spectrum and treating it like a signal
- Closed loop systems - systems that use only internal inputs and are isolated from external ones
- Delay systems - systems that affect a time shift in a signal but do not change the nature of that signal
- Medical control systems - biological or artificial systems that control aspects of the human body
- Moisture control - a system that regulates the amount of moisture in a particular environment
- Nonlinear control systems - systems that do not follow the principle of superposition and that may have numerous equilibrium points
- Open loop systems - systems that allow outside inputs to affect the system's internal state
- PID control - Proportional-Integral-Derivative control, a control which measures an "error" as the difference between a process value and a setpoint, and which attempts to minimize that error
- Pneumatic systems - systems using pressurized gas which affects mechanical motion
- Pressure control - a system which aims to control gaseous pressure under preset parameters
- Temperature control- a system which aims to control material temperatures under preset parameters
- Traffic control - a system that attempts to move objects (whether vehicles or information packets or other) towards goals with a minimum of congestion and interference
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
Pages in category "Control systems"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
Media in category "Control systems"
This category contains only the following file.
- 1304-control gear in...